BushLife Essentials Uk (BLE UK),
BushLife Essentials UK
Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to all transactions and agreements between BushLife Essentials UK, representatives and its customers , you can download a copy here
1. Company: BushLife Essentials UK (BLEUK), representing all staff/Sub contractors/Self employed company assistants directly or indirectly employed by the company.
2. Client: Person commissioning specified works, unless it has been clearly stated that he/she/they act on behalf of a third party. The company in this case reserves the right not to deal with a third party. In the case of a third party client, a deposit for works agreed with the primary client for whom the third party acts is essential and is set at 35% of the overall quoted price, to be paid at the latest, 7 working days prior to works commencement.
3. Quotation/Estimate: written specification of the works to be carried out as discussed on site and sent to the client. This will also highlight any specifics.
4. Works: refers to tree surgery, arboricultural, horticultural, pesticides, machinery operation, servicing and/or maintenance, requested advice, security services and liaison with local authorities and official bodies.
5. Contract: agreement between BLE UK and a client in which the client requires BLE UK to undertake certain specified works and BLE UK agrees to do this for a given, agreed & confirmed remuneration.
Access & Conditions to the works site
6. Access to all sites agreed in the specified works detail as agreed is to be within 10 meters (Tree, Garden & Estate). Any works that involve distances beyond the 10 meters will be levied accordingly to the works effort and additional time/costs involved
7. Any structure (Fences, buildings including sheds or any other structure), water course (Including ponds, water features ornate or otherwise supporting aquatic life, drains and drain covers), borders, lawns, patios, power or communication lines are to be protected, isolated, removed and refitted/re-built by the client prior to and post works commencement/cessation and stated in the quotation detail of works as required and agreed
8. Stump condition is to be stated clearly by the customer and agreed prior to works whereby the detail is added to the quotation. Choices are: Left level, raised, ground out. Stump grinding incurs an additional charge which can include debris removal (To be agreed between the company and the client at the time of quotation)
9. Whilst the Company will take every care; will not accept any liability for, or guarantee suitability, materials supplied by the customer and will not accept liability for any consequential damage or fault to grounds, property or timed deterioration as a result.
10. The customer is responsible for informing neighbours of the intended works and the dates of such works; to include any notifications/permissions for access or relative maintenance of third party trees (Written permission is required in all cases). The company reserves the right, unless previously agreed, not to deal with any third parties.
11. The customer has absolutely no claim to waste products from the works site when the agreed quotation has stated that all items resulting from the works shall be cleared and disposed of by the company on behalf of the customer. This detail will be clearly written in the works detail.
12. The customer shall obtain all permissions, give all notices and pay all fees required under any Act of Parliament or any regulation or byelaw of any local authority or statutory undertaker having any jurisdiction with regard to the works and the customer shall indemnify the company against any claim, proceedings, loss or expense resulting from the customer a breach of this clause in whole or in part. The customer must produce copies of all relevant approvals to the company prior to the commencement date. If not produced, work should not commence.
13. All quotations and cost estimates are without obligation and given in writing and the customer is to reply in writing for acceptance (Email is an acceptable form of written acceptance). Verbal quotes will be backed up in writing in all cases by the company.
14. All quotations are inclusive of VAT at the current rate.
15. Quotations are valid for one month from their date of issue, after which time the company is entitled to draw up a new quotation/amend costs as appropriate after having reviewed the site.
Entering into an agreement, execution of commission
16. The contract takes effect on acceptance by the client, either verbally or in writing, of the quotation submitted by the company.
17. The company commits itself to carrying out the works to the best of its ability, thereby employing sound professional knowledge, proven skills and experience, with due regard to the customer’s requirements and in compliance with all relevant regulations and standards.
18. The company shall take all necessary steps to ensure that the worksite is left clean, tidy and safe on completion of all works .
Change/withdrawal/end of contract
19. Scheduled and agreed works should be cancelled by the customer on an absolute minimum of ‘24 hours’ notice basis initially verbally backed up in writing. If the client fails to do so, prior to works commencement a minimum charge of 60% of the overall agreed quotation will be levied
20. Costs of any additional works requested or found necessary for safety reasons by the customer falling outside of the original quotation will be specified in an additional quotation and agreed as either a separate works piece or an amended addition to the original quotation (By agreement)
21. The company reserves the right to delay, cancel or re-schedule works that: (a) are deemed a potential hazard (b) are affected by inclement/dangerous weather (c) interfere with the safe retention of wildlife habitats (d) are compromised by any unforeseen circumstances (e) are found to be in non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions
22. In the event of a contract being withdrawn by the customer after works have commenced, he/she/they will be bound by these Terms and Conditions to pay the company 75% of the remuneration agreed upon at the start of the contract
23. In the event of bankruptcy or liquidation of the customer, the company is entitled to delay or cancel the contract, ask immediate payment of the remuneration agreed upon or annul the contract, observing also terms at 12 & 15 above. Where the customer cannot pay, an agreement in lieu of the contracted and agreed quoted payment and to the closest possible value of the owed payment; goods, good will gifts or any item agreed upon between the client and the company can be given to settle and agree a debt
24. In the event of a force majeure, including all exterior causes (foreseen or unforeseen) over which the company has no influence and which prevents it from meeting its obligations, the parties will agree to either suspend or annul the contract and back this mutual agreement in writing
25. The company’s contractual obligations end upon receipt of a written statement by the customer approving the works undertaken (Hand written, verbal, printed and signed by hand in ink or sent by traceable electronic means. The customer’s contractual obligations end upon receipt of the remuneration to the company
26. The company is fully insured, responsible solely for damage that is the direct and demonstrable result of a shortcoming for which the company can be held accountable however; the company must be given the opportunity to rectify any such instance prior to any other actions
27. The company does not accept liability for any damages to (underground, over ground or ground level), unidentified or un-notified services of any kind that were not advised of by the customer prior to commencement of the works
28. The customer is responsible for informing neighbours in the event where works need to be carried out on their tree and which necessitates access to their property
29. The customer is bound to indemnify the company from any claims from third parties arising after completion of the works
30. As this is a small sole trader company, cash flow is of the greatest importance hence, it would be greatly appreciated if the client would kindly pay as soon as possible after invoicing, otherwise to be paid in full within 07 working days of invoice receipt. Payment options are clearly marked on each invoice. Methods of payment are Paypal , Cash, Cheque or electronic bank transfer only. The contract price takes into account factors such as travelling time, site conditions, parking costs, arrangements with local authorities regarding the safeguarding of the area, manpower required, special licences, fuel/oil, municipal waste disposal charges, additional relative machinery hire, costs involved in or created by access distances (if not within the stipulated 10 meters), on site machinery daily occasional maintenance + wear and tear, PPE maintenance, costs incurred by the company for late notification as in clause 12 & 15 above and any other unforeseen costs incurred by the company to enable the agreed contract to be finalised (Discussed with customer at the time & agreed in writing). Quotations are free to include up to 2 site visits where required within a 25 mile circle of the company base; over and above this, site visits will be levied at £0.80p GBP/Mile. An open, honest and polite customer/company interaction on all issues related to the quoted works will be exercised and it is requested that the customer do the same in all circumstances.
Thank you for taking the time to read and digest these Terms & Conditions.
They have been put in place for both yourself (The Client) and The Company (BLE UK) for our mutual benefit.
BushLife Essentials Uk (BLE UK),
"The New Born From The Old in the Cycle Of Life"
An established, family run business Founded in 2014
BushLife Essentials UK (BLE UK) offer a variety of services, offering excellent value for money covering:
• Tree Surgey • Garden Services • Estate Maintenance and Security • Woodland management • Arboricultural services • LOLER checks and certification • Arboricultural & horticultural machinery maintenance, servicing and repairs • Pest and predator control • Welding services • Fabrication services • Blacksmithing.
BLE UK Cover a large area providing services accross the South and the Midlands, including Wiltshire, Avon & Somerset, Gloucestershire and Oxfordshire. to discuss your location and requirements feel free to contact us.
We look forward to hearing from you with enquiries you may have for potential business so please don't hesitate to contact us.
To enable many of your initial questions to be answered, please view our Terms & Conditions on our legal page for your convenience.